Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mother's Faith By Mrs. Sharon White Review




Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of Mother's Faith from Mrs. White in order to write this review and have shared my honest opinion.

Mother's Faith, Essays, Lamentations, and Encouragement From a Christian Mother of Waywards by Mrs.  Sharon White

Mrs. White shares her faith in God's plan for her children and the strength she draws from Him in her book Mother's Faith.  Sharon is a homeschool mom and blogger who has survived the teen and young adult years of her children.  She shares the insight she has gained and practical tips for daily survival in this book which is a compilation of articles from her blog.


"Every single home has troubles that come and go.  We will have calm times, and happy times, and joyful times,  Sadly, these may only last a few moments, but we have to hang on to them.  We remember them, and reminisce about them, and bring them back, to get us through those other times." ~Mrs. White, Mother's Faith, p. 56-57


I enjoyed Mother's Faith and believe it is helpful for mothers of teens and young adults and also moms of younger children.  I have 9 children between the ages of 20 through infant and I found her advice helpful for mothering my younger children as well as the teens.  Mrs. White has drawn on the wisdom of the ages as well as the Word to encourage you to keep praying, hoping and loving your older children through the tough times.

Sometimes I feel alone or like a bad mom in my struggles with my children.  This book offers me daily comfort and shows me that I am not alone nor a bad mom or Christian just because I go through difficult times with my older children.  It gives me hope and keeps me looking to the future that He has planned for my boys and girls instead of wallowing in my daily struggles. I recommend Mrs. White's book and blog to all Christian moms!  It will prepare you for the difficult times to come, comfort you and give you practical solutions and encouragement for living a hopeful life full of love for your children.

Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of this book in order to write this review and have shared my honest opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...