Friday, March 22, 2013

39 Weeks


At my appointment this week I was 4 cm dilated and baby was even lower.  Birth could be any day now or a week+ away.  It's so hard to wait and wait to find out.  I'm trying to be patient and just ignore how close I am to the end.  "One day at a time" is my motto right now.

My health is holding steady and I still feel really great.  I'm trying to get some walking in each day and I sit on my exercise ball a lot.  I also take two rest breaks in the morning while lying on my left side on the floor.  Then I sit for a few minutes cross-legged and in the tailor position to stretch and align my hips and lower back.  I have had the least amount of back pain with this pregnancy then I have ever had with any of the others.  I think most of the difference is from sitting on the floor each day.


I talked over my birth plan with my midwife this week and she said everything I wanted was easy to make happen.  That was a relief.  I did forget to ask how they handle birthing the placenta.  I'll ask her at my next appointment if I make it to Wednesday(ha, like I won't).  If I end up in the hospital before then I'll try to discuss it with the midwife on call before things speed up.  

So that's it for this week.  I'm just trying to keep myself distracted and keep my emotions somewhat in check so my family doesn't have to suffer with me.  I can't wait to hold my baby!!!

I'm linking up at Tea Time With Annie Kate for Fit Mommy Friday  

and

My Joy-Filled Life



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...