Friday, February 22, 2013

Pregnancy Week 35- Rest

This week's theme word- rest

It's been an interesting week.  Last Saturday I went into L&D triage because of a strange headache.  Everything was fine.  Then on Wednesday night I had the strange vision change without the headache and ended up getting checked out again.  Once again, everything was fine.  I felt like a whiner and I don't want to go back 'till I know I am in active labor.  Actually, I don't want to go back at all but I will pray for as natural a hospital birth as possible.  I have visions of locking myself in the hospital bathroom and not letting anyone besides my husband in until after the birth.

Monday I had an appointment with my midwife.  My A1C was 5.1 so she said I don't have to worry about the higher fasting glucose numbers.  I started taking Floradix Floravital to boost my iron.  I have been sleeping better, probably, from the b-vitamins in the Floradix.  I'm also much more tired and less motivated to get anything done.  I work for about 30 minutes after breakfast but then don't do much besides homeschool for the rest of the day.  I've been enjoying my 15 minutes of yoga and then a 45 minute nap each afternoon.

I found out that I can opt out of the Group B Strep test but then the hospital will require antibiotics during labor so I am preparing to pass the test.  I've added echinacea tincture, grapefruit seed extract, garlic caps, and a probiotic to my daily routine.  I'm also eating a bowl of yogurt and homemade probiotic rich sauerkraut each day. 

I'm only walking for about 15 minutes a day now but I am still doing my yoga.  I will try to slowly boost my walking back up again.  I don't want to lose all of my stamina.  I hope once my iron levels improve I will have more energy.  I'm so glad I got some nesting done early because if I continue along this path nothing else will happen.  I need to get everything ready for Easter in case I am in the hospital or have just gotten home with baby.  My due date is March 29th.

I'm linking up at Tea Time With Annie Kate for Fit Mommy Friday

and


My Joy-Filled Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...