Saturday, January 19, 2013

Baby #9 and I Have Reached 30 Weeks

A new glider and a finished baby blanket.  I'm ready to snuggle.

Another week down.  Nothing much has changed.  I think the baby may be head down now instead of transverse.  I'm getting more pressure down low and started getting more Braxton Hicks contractions.  I notice them more on the days I don't drink as much water so I'm trying to stay well hydrated.

I started eating more carbs and actually went back to the Perfect Health Diet which has a lot more carbs than I was eating.  My muscle cramps are getting less with each day and my sleep has improved dramatically.  I did add 15 drops of Valerian and Sleepy Time Tea to my bedtime routine but I think it's the added carbs that have really helped me feel better.  I'm also drinking one cup of chamomile tea and one of Tension Tamer tea a day and I'm feeling more relaxed.  The lack of sleep was making me irritable.  I also seem to get more nervous tension near the end of my pregnancies and find the calming teas to help me stay somewhat normal.  The added carbs seem to relax my nervous system as I remember having this reaction last time I tried it.  I'm just going to get over my obsession of not gaining weight and let my body put on what it needs to to grow this baby.  I know it will come off when it should later.  


We were able to buy two gliders because we found them on clearance for $70 each.

My blood sugar is still about the same in the morning even with the increased carbs.  I'm going to give my body at least a week to get used to the diet change before I worry about it.  I have an appointment with my midwife on Monday and will request that she just run an A1C to see how I'm handling my blood glucose.  I really think I'm fine and that my meter is reading high.  Even if it's not I've read some info that a higher fasting blood glucose(90-95) in pregnancy is not really a cause for alarm.  We'll see how it goes!  I don't like being a patient but it is nice to have someone to consult with. 

I think that's it.  I can't remember now if there was something else I wanted to write about.  Love that preggo brain!

How are you feeling?

I'm linking up at Tea Time With Annie Kate for Fit Mommy Friday and

at Girls and Sunflowers for  Fitness Friday Link Up and


My Joy-Filled Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...