Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting Ready for Spring

Before cleaning up

This week in the garden I've been working on cleaning up the paths and edges of my raised beds.  I do a little work each day so I don't hurt my back.  I accidentally hurt a worm while I was digging one day as it was close to the surface.  I wonder if that is a sign of an early spring?

After

We took down the chicken fencing a few weeks ago and are working on getting what used to be the chicken yard ready to plant.  We need to put up fencing for the peas. 

I have a lot of work to do back there! 

The spring bulbs have been green since fall, but they are looking more promising now.  We had a crocus flower this week but my little boy picked it so I can't take a pic to show you.  I wish I had planted bulbs last fall.  Maybe this year.  Many of the daffodils I planted three years ago have gone missing and some of them never even flowered last year. 

After we fix the hole, she makes it bigger.  Anyone want a dog?

Our dog dug a hole in the lawn.  Bad dog!  We have been watering the grass about once a month on a warm day.  Hopefully, it will be nice and green soon.


All of my pansies disappeared.  I don't know why.  I'm waiting as patiently as possible for more to be available at the store.


The buds on the trees are swelling.  Every time I think spring will never get here I look out the window at the trees and know that there is hope.  

I think this is Dragon's Breath Sedum.  It adds color all year and is easy to divide and transplant.

How is spring coming along where you live?

Dianthus is cold hardy in our climate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...