|Sage and thyme flowers.|
1. I talked to a neighbor down the street who is also trying to grow as much food as possible on her land. She is even growing small livestock. She gave me some new ideas to think about and told me about a local nursery which I want to visit.
2. Worms are moving into one of the beds we covered in manure this spring. I didn't see any there last year.
3. Ants can remove a lot of seeds quickly. Some huge black ants found all of the seed that didn't sprout in our grass area and cleaned many of them out in 4 days.
4. My sandy soil will hold a lot of water if I irrigate deeply once a week.
5. I can probably grow a climbing rose in the front yard. It should spill nicely over the fence.
|Where the berries will grow|
6. We cleared an area large enough to plant at least six raspberries along the back fence. Once we move the compost bins we will have even more planting space.
7. I need a better incentive than fresh vegetables to get my younger(and older) children to help with yard work.
8. Our burn pile is getting huge and we should have a burn day soon.
9. Sunflowers are blooming!
10. When I'm not feeling well, wandering through the garden takes my mind off the pain.