I love to garden. I think my children should love it too! So I always plant some areas where they can play in the garden. I'll share some of the things I came up with this year.
1. Sunflower House. We try to grow one every year. Plant sunflowers for the walls and then add some morning glories which will grow up the walls. The baby is standing in one of the walls.
Our back wall and one of the side walls are kinda scraggly. Hopefully I'll get them to fill in.
2. Corn Fort. I planted one square of corn but left the middle empty and cut a little path into it.
The baby is inside the fort. It should be fun to hide in once the corn is taller.
3. Grape Arbor. This will be a nice, cool, shady spot in about a month. I planted morning glory in the containers which I will train to grow up onto the arbor to make a back wall.
Here is the view from underneath the arbor.
4. Mini Gardens. Each child has his/her own garden spot. They like to work on them about once a week.
5. Arbors to walk and ride through. Isn't there something magical about an arbor? I love them. I've made a few with long thin branches I pruned off an overgrown bush. I have two in my veggie garden and one over the sidewalk next to the fake well.
Morning glories grow really fast once they get going. Some people consider them weeds but I'm using them to cover every possible vertical space. If they take up too much room just pull them out.
6. A place to play. They have taken over this shady spot to play with little cars. The boys will play there for hours.